Gazette Charities is the philanthropic arm of The Gazette. It serves to promote and support the important work of enhancing the quality of life for all citizens and the capacity of our community to meet the needs of the future. One aspect of Gazette Charities is The Gazette-El Pomar Empty Stocking Fund. It is a collaborative community effort to raise funds each winter for local agencies helping people in crisis and others in attaining self-sufficiency. This year, the Empty Stocking Fund raised more than $1,018,000 and distributed it directly to our partner agencies.
NEWSPAPER IN EDUCATION
The Newspaper in Education (NIE) program provides newspapers to area schools for use in the classroom to promote literacy and knowledge of current events. NIE is available for classroom use - kindergarten through college - either via the print edition of The Gazette or the electronic online edition. Visit gazette.com/NIE for more details. GAZETTE'S BEST AND BRIGHTEST
Now in its 23rd year, The Gazette's Best and Brightest program recognizes 20 graduating seniors who have made contributions to their schools and their community. To download an application, visit GazetteCharities.org and click on "Best and Brightest."
The Gazette's Volunteers in Action is made up of Gazette employees. In 2013, more than $3,000 was raised for community nonprofits through various fundraisers. A special group of ladies donated many lunch hours to crochet hats and blankets for local newborns.
In 2013, The Gazette partnered with more than 100 local community organizations and ran more than $980,000 in advertising benefiting our neighbors in the Pikes Peak region.
SUBSCRIBER CUSTOMER SERVICE
El Paso & Teller counties:
All other areas (toll free): 1-866-632-6397
A home and online subscription includes:
• e-Edition, the digital replica of the print newspaper, accessed online
• Access to the Digital Archives dating to 1988
• Daily, Wednesday and Sunday print delivery options
• To subscribe to The Gazette’s digital or print editions, go to gazette.com
subscribe or call customer service at 476-4874 or 1-866-632-6397.
HOW CAN I MAKE CHANGES TO MY
• To manage your account, go to gazette.com
subscriber-services. Services include starting or stopping delivery of paper for vacations, paying your bill online, or information about EZ Pay for automatic payments.
WHAT IF I HAVE
• Call customer service at 476-4874 or 1-866-632-6397 from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, 6:30 a.m. to
10 a.m. Saturdays, 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Sundays.
To submit a news tip:
• 719-476-FACT or gazette.com
To report sports scores:
• 719-636-0250 or email@example.com
• Submit news releases and new hires, promotions, awards and other southern Colorado networking information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All other news: