A gas leak that forced an evacuation at a Home Depot in north Colorado Springs has been cleared, the Colorado Springs Fire Department said Friday afternoon.
Capt. Steve Oswald said store employees were allowed to return to the building, located at East Woodmen Road and Academy Boulevard, just before 12:30 p.m. The business is expected to reopen by 1:30 p.m., he added.
At 11:20 a.m., the Fire Department responded to a strong odor at The Home Depot and found that an inch gas line in the lumber section was hit by a forklift, Oswald said. Employees and customers were asked to leave shortly after, Oswald said.
The gas was shut off just before 11:50 a.m., according to a Fire Department tweet. There are no reports of injuries.