Save this content for laterSave this content on your device for later, even while offline Sign in with FacebookSign in with your Facebook account Close

Colorado Springs family displaced by overnight house fire

January 29, 2014 Updated: January 29, 2014 at 10:08 am
0

Firefighters stuck around until sunrise Wednesday to keep guard over a house fire that displaced a family in northeast Colorado Springs.

About 1:20 a.m. fire crews were called to the 3200 block of Galena Court, off Flintridge Drive and Montebello Drive West, for an accidental blaze that started in the kitchen, according to the fire department.

Two adults and one pet were evacuated and not injured, city spokeswoman Kim Melchor said.

Red Cross representatitves were at the scene to help the residents of the house find shelter for the night.

There was no information on the extent of the damage to the house.

Comment Policy
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

Some news is free.
Exceptional journalism takes time, effort and your support.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

articles remaining
×
Thank you for your interest in local journalism.
Gain unlimited access, 50% fewer ads and a faster browsing experience.