Colorado Springs News, Sports & Business

Gazette Premium Content Colorado Springs family displaced by overnight house fire

By Andrea Sinclair Updated: January 29, 2014 at 10:08 am

Firefighters stuck around until sunrise Wednesday to keep guard over a house fire that displaced a family in northeast Colorado Springs.

About 1:20 a.m. fire crews were called to the 3200 block of Galena Court, off Flintridge Drive and Montebello Drive West, for an accidental blaze that started in the kitchen, according to the fire department.

Two adults and one pet were evacuated and not injured, city spokeswoman Kim Melchor said.

Red Cross representatitves were at the scene to help the residents of the house find shelter for the night.

There was no information on the extent of the damage to the house.

Comment Policy

Our commenting system has changed. Please register or login with your gazette.com account to comment on a story. Click here for information.

You've reached your 4 FREE premium stories this month

Get 4 more FREE stories

Simply register to continue.

Register

Subscribe now

Get access unlimited access to premium stories.

Subscribe
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
OCT
22
OCT
23
OCT
24
OCT
25
OCT
26
OCT
27
OCT
28
OCT
29
OCT
30
OCT
31
NOV
1
NOV
2
NOV
3
NOV
4
Advertisement