A rapidly-increasing number of spring break travelers want to visit Colorado Springs, beating out cities in Hawaii, Florida and California, a new data review says.
Searches for Colorado Springs on Kayak, a travel booking website, have increased more rapidly than anywhere else in the country, the company said in a report released Feb. 28.
Searches for Colorado Springs are up 21 percent.
These are the U.S. destinations seeing the greatest increase in spring break travel searches, Kayak says:
- Colorado Springs: Searches up 21 percent
- Kahului, Hawaii: Up 19 percent
- Flagstaff, Ariz.: Up 14 percent
- Destin, Fl.: Up 12 percent
- San Jose, Calif.: Up 11 percent
- Asheville, N.C.: Up 11 percent
- Punta Gorda, Fla.: Up 9 percent
- Tampa/St. Petersburg, Fla.: Up 9 percent
- Panama City, Fla.: Up 7 percent
- Valparaiso, Fla.: Up 7 percent
The cities are ranked based on searches on Kayak's U.S. site from Oct. 9 through Jan. 9 for travel from Feb. 24 through April 21. For a year-over-year comparison, the data were compared with searches between Feb. 24, 2017, through April 21, 2017.
The most popular spring break destination in the U.S. is Orlando. The top international destination is Nagoya, Japan.
For more information, visit kayak.com/news/your-guide-to-the-ultimate-spring-break.
Contact Ellie Mulder: 636-0198