These agencies need volunteer help. Call about specific opportunities and time commitment.
- Black Forest Together - Volunteers needed to help the ongoing fire recovery and cleanup following the July 2013 fire in Black Forest; 495-2445, Donna Arkowski, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catholic Charities of Central Colorado - Marian House Client Services needs volunteers to pass out emergency items, sort donations, do data entry and help with information/referral; Doug Rouse, 866-6559.
- Colorado Springs Therapeutic Riding Center at The Mark Reyner Stables - Volunteers needed to work with equine-assisted therapy for children and adults with disabilities; 641-5213, 634-4173, cstrc.org.
- Family Attachment Center - Work with children with mental problem-attachment disorder; 632-3204.
- Habitat for Humanity Teller Country Restore - Business leaders needed to raise awareness in Teller County for building projects; 432-5777, 687-4447 tellerhabitat.org.
- KPC Kids' Place - A crisis and respite nursery for children to age 5 who are at risk for abuse and neglect. Volunteers are needed to assist staff during days and evenings; 520-1019, email email@example.com.
- Marian House Soup Kitchen - Volunteer needed for the HEART (Homeless Engagement and Response Team) street outreach program and for donations assistant; Doug Rouse, 866-6286.
- Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments - Customer service volunteers needed; 471-7080, ext. 112.
- Safe Passage - Focused on providing a friendly and neutral environment for the investigation of child sexual assault cases; 636-2460.
- School District 11 GrandFriends - Retirees and senior citizens needed to provide academic assistance to students in grades K-12 and adult eduction; Dawn Enger, 520-2311.
- Silver Key Senior Services - Transportation driver volunteers needed; Linda Arguello, 884-2319, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Kids Special Families - Volunteers needed for adult services, fundraising events, clerical work and other duties; 447-8983, email@example.com.
- Springs Rescue Mission - Various volunteer opportunities available; 314-2314, mysrm.org.
- Suicide Prevention Partnership - Volunteers 21 and older needed for the hotline; 573-7447.
- USO - United Service Organizations - Greeters needed at USO Fort Carson; Phil Martinez, 306-1898, firstname.lastname@example.org, uso.org.
- The Volunteers of America - Needs people 60 and older who can devote 20 hours per a week to become foster grandparents; Kathy Bell, 632-1448, voacolorado.org.
- Western Museum of Mining and Industry - Audrey, 488-0880.
- The World Heritage Foreign Exchange Student Host Family Program - Jose Hernandez, 232-1358.
- Zach's Place - Serving children with disabilities and their families with respite care; 447-8983, email@example.com.
Submit items at least two weeks in advance: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.