A beekeeper smoking her bees to calm them accidentally sparked a 4-acre wildfire Friday afternoon in west Colorado Springs, said Fire Capt. Brian Vaughan.
The resident called 911 about 1:30 p.m., Vaughan said. The fire was sparked off of Broadview Place.
By 2:10 p.m., the "main body" of the fire had been extinguished and a wet line was established around the fire, the Fire Department said in a tweet. Crews were mopping up hot spots and adding foam to thick scrub oak areas.
No homes were damaged, and no injuries were reported.
The resident will not be cited, Vaughan said.
Contact Ellie Mulder: 636-0198