Colorado Springs News, Sports & Business

Gazette Premium Content Kite tangled in power lines sparks fire

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Updated: April 13, 2010 at 12:00 am

PARKER — A kite with its twine tangled in power lines sparked a fire that came to within feet of several homes near Parker.

South Metro Fire Rescue spokesman Andy Lyon says that the fire scorched 5 acres of grass southeast of Parker on Monday night. About 40 firefighters from several local fire departments responded and were able to bring the fire under control.

Comment Policy
Colorado Springs Gazette has disabled the comments for this article.
You've reached your 4 FREE premium stories this month

Already registered? Login Now

Get 4 more FREE stories

Simply register to continue.

Register

Subscribe now

Get access unlimited access to premium stories.

Subscribe
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement