For marijuana users, tis’ the season for THC.
Recreational marijuana shops may not be legal within city limits, but there’s no shortage of events in Colorado Springs this week that will pay tribute to pot on April 20, a day that is associated with the drug’s consumption in popular culture. Here are some of the special offers and celebrations taking place at local retailers and cannabis clubs in honor of 4/20:
- On Wednesday and Thursday, Maggie’s Farm recreational marijuana shop, at 141 Manitou Ave. in Manitou Springs, will have a variety of deals, including 15 percent off flower, $4.20 pipes and specials on edibles, pre-rolls and concentrates. Details here.
- Studio A64 cannabis club, at 332 E. Colorado Ave., will kick off 4/20 celebrations with “Mega Blazed Bingo” from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Wednesday.
Celebrations will continue Thursday with a 4/20 Festival Fun Day at the club, to include live music, door prizes, raffles, member specials and “ganga challenges.” Cannabidiol-infused oil massages will also be available.
On Friday night, Burlesque Circus will perform at the club. Entry Costs $8. Details here.
- One Love Club, at 212 S. 21st St., will have live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday, including E.N Young, Judge Roughneck, and Aima Moses. Weekend passes are available for $50/person, or tickets are available for each show. Details here.
- Speakeasy Vape Lounge and Cannabis Club, at 2508 E. Bijou St., will have live music Thursday and Sunday, including a performance by Devin the Dude. On Saturday, members and nonmembers are invited to don their beach wear for a tropically-themed party at the club. Tickets range in price for the events. Details here.
- The Lazy Lion cannabis club, at 4950 Geiger Blvd., will have a two-day event on Thursday and Friday. Flowers, wax and pre-rolls will be on sale on Thursday. Keep It Chef will also be preparing several marijuana-infused meals. Events are for members only. Details here.
- In Denver, thousands of people are expected to participate in a 4/20 rally at Denver’s Civic Center park for a giant smokeout in defiance of federal and state law. Rapper 2 Chainz is also scheduled to perform.
Other 4/20 festivities scheduled for Thursday in Colorado Springs:
- Myxed Up Creations smoke shop 4/20 party all day at the store’s 3945 N. Academy Blvd. location.
Store specials and raffles. Live music from 3:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. and glass blowing demonstrations from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Free to attend. Details here.
- 4/20 Blowout hosted by New Horizons WP Nation medical marijuana dispensary all day at the dispensary’s 1460 Woolsey Heights location. Sales on flowers, wax, edibles and showers. Clairvoyant medium readings, massages and henna tattoos will be available. Barbecue will be served. Details here.
- 4/20 at Strawberry Fields medical marijuana center. Noon to 3 p.m. at the dispensary’s 3404 W. Colorado Ave. location.
Enter to win tickets for Queen and Guns N’ Roses concerts. Register for giveaway online. Barbecue will be served. Details here.
- Stained Glass Inc. dispensary is sponsoring a "spring cleanup" at four sites, where McDonalds is providing coupons for free burgers, Papa Johns is furnishing free food, ACE Hardware donated trash bags for the litter collected, and Stained Glass is doling out coupons for cannabis.
The cleanups are based from four sites:
-- The Southgate Plaza Starbucks
-- Cimarron and Eighth streets
-- Mountain Mama's on Uintah Street
-- Platte Street and Academy Boulevard starting from the Guitar Center Details here
The Denver Post contributed to the reporting of this article.