Published: October 15, 2013
Colorado Springs fire crews quickly isolated flames that sparked on the roof of a steel manufacturing warehouse Tuesday.
The fire was reported shortly after 10 a.m. at Colorado Sintered Metal, 835 Emory Cir., off Galley Road and Murray Boulevard.
Five engines were at the business within minutes and employees were evacuated as a precaution.
"It looks like either the furnace sparked it, or maybe since they did some repair work, it could have been started by a welder or a torch," Battalion Chief Randy Royal said.
The fire was isolated to a small area of the roof within eight minutes and operations for that side of the building were shut down until the fire engineer could check for safety, Royal said.