BLACK FOREST FIRE
Here are a list of closures resulting from the Black Forest fire. If you're aware of additional closures or cancellations, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can add them to our list.
- Pikes Peak Community College's Rampart Range campus, 11195 Colorado 83, has closed due to an evacuation notice from the city. The college will monitor the situation and make a determination as to when it will reopen.
- Family of Christ Lutheran Church, home to a child development center, 675 East Baptist Road, is under pre-evacuation notice. The school asks that parents pick up their children ASAP.
- All activities and workplace responsibilities have been canceled Wednesday at Falcon High School, Falcon Middle School, Meridian Ranch Elementary School and "any other facilities that may be added to the mandatory or pre-evacuation zones," according to Falcon School District 49's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/District49.
The Falcon Peak school-based health center, located at Falcon Elementary School, is OPEN as of 9:21 a.m. Wednesday.
- Mountain View Electric's 72nd annual meeting, which was scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Thursday at Falcon High School, has been postponed indefinitely. It will be rescheduled at a later date.
- The Colorado Springs Business Alliance is postponing its annual State of the City Luncheon, which was scheduled for Thursday, at the request of Mayor Steve Bach, the event's keynote speaker. Registrations will automatically be applied to the rescheduled date, which has yet to be announced. Those who prefer a refund can call the alliance at 471-8183.
- Mayor Steve Bach's Wednesday town hall meeting has been canceled, according to the city.
- The Board of Education meeting for Falcon School District 49, scheduled for Wednesday night, has been moved to June 20, according to the district's public information officer.
- Vacation Bible School at Woodmen Valley Chapel's Rockrimmon campus has been canceled Wednesday due to heavy smoke surrounding the campus, according to the Woodmen Valley website at www.woodmenvalley.org.
- Kidz Kamp and a leadership meeting at Tri-Lakes Chapel in Monument have been cancelled due to the fire, according to the church's website at www.trilakeschapel.com.
No decision has been made concerning Thursday activities, according to the website.
Child Care & Recreation
- YMCA at Meridian Ranch is closed until further notice due to the fire, according to the Pikes Peak YMCA Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ppymca.
Registered day campers are welcome at the Briargate YMCA, 4025 Family Place.
- All United States Postal Service personnel, mail and operations at the Elbert Post Office have been moved to the nearby Kiowa Post Office. Customers who receive their mail in Elbert through a post office box or on a route can pick up their mail at the Kiowa office, 708 Comanche St., Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., and Saturday, 7:30-10:30 a.m.
ROYAL GORGE FIRE
Here are a list of closures resulting from the Royal Gorge fire. If you're aware of additional closures or cancellations, send an email to email@example.com so we can add them to our list.
- Pueblo Community College's Fremont Campus in Ca?n City has been closed Wednesday, according to the college's website at www.pueblocc.edu. All day and night classes are canceled because of area wildfires. Thursday's status has not been determined.