Coronado High School students returned to their classrooms after firefighters gave the green light that there was no gas leak Wednesday morning.
They had been evacuated to the football practice field earlier in the morning after a report of a possible gas leak.
The fire department's Hazmet team checked out all facislities in the District 11 school in western Colorado Springs..
School employees noticed an unusal odor and feared it might be a gas leak.However it was caused when a grease trap was cleaned out in the cafeteria kitchen, D-11 officials said.
The school, at 1590 W. Fillmore St., has more than 1,400 students.
A message will go out to all Coronado families.