Nearly 70 schools in Colorado participated in the 11th annual Mix It Up at Lunch Day on Tuesday, including nine schools in the Pikes Peak region.
Each school sets its own agenda and chooses its own theme for Mix It Up. Local schools who participated in the national event were:
• Banning Lewis Ranch Academy
• Broadmoor Elementary School
• Fremont Elementary School
• GLOBE Charter School
• Harrison High School
• Manitou Springs Middle School
• Pioneer Elementary School
• Temple Shalom Religious School
• Vista Ridge High School
The Southern Poverty Law Center’s Teaching Tolerance project event encourages students to step out of their comfort zones and sit with someone new at lunch for just one day.