Colorado Springs News, Sports & Business

3 drugged after eating purported marijuana-free candy

Associated Press Updated: August 7, 2014 at 9:42 am

DENVER — Three people say they were drugged after eating a chocolate bar that wasn't supposed to have marijuana in it at the Denver County Fair's new pot pavilion.

Fair spokeswoman Dana Cain says at least two of the people went to the hospital and tested positive for THC.

Richard Jones of Arvada told KMGH-TV (http://bit.ly/1slHU8a) that he became sweaty and nauseous after eating the Full Melt chocolate bar and thought he might be having a stroke or a heart attack. He says hospital tests showed he had 100 nanograms of THC in his system, about 20 times the legal driving limit.

Vendor LivWell says it's investigating. If marijuana really was in the bars, the company says it was put there without its knowledge.

___

Information from: KMGH-TV, http://www.thedenverchannel.com

Comment Policy

Our commenting system has changed. Please register or login with your gazette.com account to comment on a story. Click here for information.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
SEP
18
SEP
19
SEP
20
SEP
21
SEP
22
SEP
23
SEP
24
SEP
25
SEP
26
SEP
27
SEP
28
SEP
29
SEP
30
OCT
1
Advertisement