Colorado Springs News, Sports & Business

Gazette Premium Content 2nd Colorado Springs man convicted in kidnapping, rape

The Gazette - Published: October 22, 2013

A jury on Monday convicted a Colorado Springs man of second-degree kidnapping and rape in the case of a 15-year-old girl who said she was sexually assaulted at gunpoint.

Mario David Raxon, 24, faces 16 to 48 years on the top count against him. A co-defendant, Keenan Miller, was sentenced last week to life in prison after he was convicted of the higher charge of first-degree kidnapping.

The girl told authorities she was assaulted in February 2012 while drinking with the men in an apartment, then taken onto Rampart Range Road and assaulted again.

A jury handed up a mixed verdict against Raxon on Monday after a more than weeklong trial in 4th Judicial District Court. The panel rejected a first-degree kidnapping count, which carries an automatic life sentence.

Raxon will return to court Feb. 10, at which time a sentencing will be scheduled.

Comment Policy
Colorado Springs Gazette has disabled the comments for this article.
You've reached your 4 FREE premium stories this month

Get 4 more FREE stories

Simply register to continue.

Register

Subscribe now

Get access unlimited access to premium stories.

Subscribe
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement