February 24, 2014 Updated: February 24, 2014 at 3:25 pm
A three-alarm apartment complex fire that displaced 100 residents on Thursday caused about $540,000 in damages, according to the Colorado Springs Fire Department.
One person suffered a minor burn during the fire, which started with a grease fire on a kitchen stove and was ruled accidental, the department said in a release.
The Red Cross provided temporary shelter for residents; two apartments sustained fire damage and five units were damaged by smoke and water, according to fire officials.
More than 50 firefighters and support personnel responded to the fire at Courtyard Estates apartments, 4350 East Pikes Peak Ave.