Save this content for laterSave this content on your device for later, even while offline Sign in with FacebookSign in with your Facebook account Close

1 hurt in fire at Colorado Springs storage unit

By: Chhun Sun
June 17, 2017 Updated: June 17, 2017 at 8:27 pm
0

One person was hurt after a fire at a Colorado Springs storage unit on Saturday afternoon, the Fire Department reported.

A renter received burns to their hands after the fire was reported at Public Storage at 5240 Edison Ave. near Platte Avenue on the city's east side, the Fire Department said. The renter was taken to a hospital and transported to the burn treatment center in Denver. The fire department reported he was stable.

Firefighters quickly put out the fire, which was reported just after 2:30 p.m.

The Fire Department said firefighters are assisting fire investigators.

Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Incognito Mode Your browser is in Incognito mode

You vanished!

We welcome you to read all of our stories by signing into your account. If you don't have a subscription, please subscribe today for daily award winning journalism.

Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Register to the Colorado Springs Gazette
Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

It appears that you value local journalism. Thank you.

Subscribe today for unlimited digital access with 50% fewer ads for a faster browsing experience.

Subscribe to the Colorado Springs Gazette

Some news is free.
Exceptional journalism takes time, effort and your support.

Already a Subscriber? LOGIN HERE

articles remaining
×
Thank you for your interest in local journalism.
Gain unlimited access, 50% fewer ads and a faster browsing experience.