Colorado Springs News, Sports & Business

Gazette Premium Content 1 guest dead, 1 sick at Lubbock motel

Associated Press Published: January 17, 2014
Associated Press Published: January 17, 2014

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) — A man has been found dead and a woman sick at a West Texas motel in what investigators believe was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. Lubbock police on Thursday responded to the Budget Motel when two guests who were scheduled to check out could not be reached in their...

You've reached your 4 FREE premium stories for this 30 day period*

Register for 4 more free articles.

or
*A 30 day rolling period starts the day you first visit the site.
Are you a subscriber and having trouble viewing stories?
`
Advertisement

LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) — A man has been found dead and a woman sick at a West Texas motel in what investigators believe was accidental carbon monoxide poisoning.

Lubbock police on Thursday responded to the Budget Motel when two guests who were scheduled to check out could not be reached in their room.

Investigators say the man was dead at the scene. The woman was transported to a Lubbock hospital.

Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Rob Keinast says a faulty heater may be to blame. He says high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in the room.

Names of the man and woman, who checked into the motel Wednesday night, were not immediately released.

The Budget Motel was closed Friday and no one from the business was immediately available to comment.

Comment Policy

If you are a subscriber or registered user we welcome your comments. Please register or login with your gazette.com account to comment on a story. Click here for information.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement